- Band 5
- Part Time - 35 hours per week
- Goodmayes Hospital
- £24,214 - £30,112 pa (Plus HCAS) pro rata
- 21/08/2019 23:59
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
The Directorate for Nursing –Patient Experience Team is looking to recruit to the post of Volunteer and Work Experience Coordinator - Band 5. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our well established team. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the necessary processes are followed to provide the responsive and efficient recruitment and ongoing support of volunteers and work experience candidates. This will include the day to day support of volunteer leads and work experience supervisors across the trust providing guidance with in a framework designed to safely support volunteers and students.
- Generate appropriate volunteering/work experience opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the Trust
- Ensure there is appropriate and ongoing support and training for volunteers /work experience candidates
- Promote volunteering & work experience (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns
- Pro-actively recruit staff champions throughout the Trust to become volunteer leads and equip them with the skills and knowledge to lead their own team of volunteers
- Pro-actively recruit staff champions across the trust from a variety of professions to become health ambassadors to assist in the promotion of work experience and raising the profile of NHS careers
- Support managers with the recruitment of volunteers / work experience to ensure governance is in place and candidates are appropriately matched and trained for a position
- Assist managers with the ongoing support of volunteers to include induction, training, supervision and re-imbursement of expenses.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate volunteer/work experience database, carry out office systems and administrative procedures to achieve high standards of clerical services
- Work collaboratively with managers to monitor, support motivate and accredit volunteers and their work; celebrate volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards, organise celebration events and promote national campaigns such as National Volunteer Week
NB: if you don’t already a have degree, then you will be expected to work towards a management qualification as part of your role via CPD.
This is a part time role/post - 35 hours per week (Monday– Friday), with a 1 hour lunch break.
Should we receive a high volume of applications the vacancy may close sooner than stated. You are therefore advised to apply as soon as possible. This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Previous applicants need not apply.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement – London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £3,722 to a maximum of £4,743).
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lyn Beaman via - email@example.com or
030055501201 Ext 55802
Shaun Miles via -firstname.lastname@example.org or 07725641953