- Band 4
- Full Time - 37.5 hours per week - Between 08:00 - 18:00 (Mon-Fri)
- CEME Centre
- Rainham, Essex
- £21,089 - £23,761 pa (plus HCAS)
- 28/08/2019 23:59
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
Currently there is an exciting opportunity within the NELFT Healthcare Informatics Team as a Rio Helpdesk Officer. The Post is located Rainham, Essex
The post holder will achieve this by providing first line technical support for all EPR incidents reported by NELFT staff to the ICT Service Desk. They will provide on-site telephone and email support to users, as well as assisting face-to-face walk-in users. The post holder will ensure that services are of a high standard in order to comply with appropriate governance standards and facilitate the delivery of high quality patient care.
- Support users across the Trust and undertake helpdesk duties by providing effective 1st line end-user telephone, email & self-service support for the EPR systems.
- Communicate with clinical and administration staff via the helpdesk regarding RiO, EPR, EDMS, Clinical Portal, and Smartcard issues.
- Provide relevant and timely specialist advice and guidance to staff on EPR and EDMS functional and information matters, e.g. subject access requests, sharing of information, legitimate relationships, consent to share, Registration Authority.
- Communicate with clinical and administration staff via the helpdesk regarding EPR and Information Management developments and requirements, changes and initiatives.
- Keep up-to-date with guidance provided on the usage of the EPR systems to ensure advice and guidance given is accurate.
- Ensure staff queries about the use of EPR systems are answered in line with Trust guidance and governance requirements.
- Ensure all communication with staff contacting the Helpdesk is courteous, timely and helpful. Maintain a professional demeanour and deliver client-focused support in line with the Trust values.
- Support the senior team members in the day-to-day activities required for the smooth running of the team.
- Provide first line support on the EPR and EDMS systems, including configuration changes, escalations, etc.
- Register staff/sponsors and distribute smartcards in accordance with Registration Authority Policies and procedures.
- Develop expert skills in the service administration of EPR Systems in order to resolve functional issues and user errors for clinicians contacting the Helpdesk. Engage proactively with all clients in order to prevent reoccurring errors.
- Ensure comprehensive logging of tickets and timely resolution of issues.
- Take ownership of incidents, service requests and problem management where necessary.
- Escalate all appropriate issues to the Deputy EPR Systems Lead.
- Perform EPR and EDMS systems administration to achieve data quality and contribute to statutory reporting processes.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Priority Post – Assessment/Interview info
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement – London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £3,722 to a maximum of £4,743).
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact