- ICT Support
- Band 6
- Fixed Term - 12 Months
- Full Time - 37.5 Hours per week (Between 08:00 - 18:00)
- CEME Centre, Rainham
- £30,401 - £37,267 pa (plus HCAS)
- Today at 23:59
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
Currently there is an exciting opportunity within the NELFT Healthcare Informatics Team as a 2nd Line Support Analyst on a 12 months Fixed Term (or secondment for Internal applicants) Contract. The Post is located in CEME Centre - Havering. This role requires the post holder to travel to Barnett twice a week on rotation. It also may involve travelling to KENT when required.
The post holder will achieve this by providing second level technical support for all ICT incidents reported by NELFT staff to the ICT Service Desk. The level of support provided to the ICT user base will ensure that maximum uptime of localised ICT systems is maintained, which will enable NELFT staff to make the best use of ICT systems during their daily work.
The post holder will provide on-site as well as telephone support to users, in addition to assisting face-to-face walk-in clients, as and when required, consistently delivering a “client-focused” service which promotes excellent customer service and effective working relationships.
• Provide effective 2nd line end-user telephone, email, on site, and self-service support for ICT systems; including, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suites, off-the-shelf & bespoke applications, remote connectivity/VPN platforms and local/network printer support.
• Resolve EPR functional issues.
• Provide 1st line support as required. (including Triage Service)
• Comprehensive logging of tickets and timely resolution of 1st and 2nd line issues.
• Support end-users remotely, using available remote desktop software.
• Provide relevant advice to staff on EPR related queries; e.g. subject access requests, sharing of information, legitimate relationships, consent to share, Registration Authority.
• Maintain and oversee installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user workstations, hardware, software and peripheral devices, as well as manage tickets logged at the support desk, ensuring timely resolution in accordance with the agreed SLA's.
• Provide day-to-day support of networks, servers and other infrastructure including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco phone system, etc.
• Engage proactively with all clients in order to prevent reoccurring errors.
• Take ownership of incidents, service requests and problem management where necessary.
• Work as part of a team, take part in departmental discussions and developments and actively promote knowledge sharing amongst all levels of technical support staff.
• Create and update technical documentation in line with departmental guidelines.
• Be aware of and abide by Trust policies across the whole business.
• Maintain a professional demeanour and deliver “client-focused” support in line with the trust values.
• Work alongside various teams within the Informatics department, keeping team members up-to-date as and when required.
• Perform Active Directory administrative tasks, printer / print server management, mailbox & user account creation etc.
• Remain up-to-date with the latest platforms and technologies in order to support new/ emerging technologies which NELFT may implement in the future.
• Provide out-of-hours support & on-site support as required.
• Perform machine builds and hardware/software installation in line with department asset management practices.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham Essex
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £3,722 to a maximum of £4,743).
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Ali Naqavi (Ali.Naqavi@nelft.nhs.uk)