- Band 7
- 37.5 hours per week
- Westgate House, Edgware Community Hospital
- £33,222 to 43,041 pa plus plus HCAS
- 30/01/2019 23:59
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
Are you an OT working with children as a Band 6 looking to move to Band 7, or Band 7 wanting to broaden your horizons?
An opportunity has arisen for a B7 Children and Young People's Occupational Therapist to work within the Barnet Children's Integrated Therapies Team!
The Occupational Therapy profession within NELFT is a highly valued vibrant group, based across a wide range of services. Occupational Therapists work as integrated members of multi-disciplinary teams, contributing their unique professional skills, supporting children, families and education to increase their independence and achieve their personal goals. All Occupational Therapists receive professional supervision from a Senior OT.
If you are a forward thinking OT who wants to promote high quality practice, demonstrate your clinical skills and work within a multi- disciplinary team across Barnet please contact us for more information and apply.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of a range of packages for assessment, intervention, outcome setting and review with children and families as well as nurseries or schools.
- Experience of working with agencies within the community and children's services, jointly and to support children in a range of settings.
- Experience using a range of treatment approaches as well as developing specialist services to meet identified needs.
- Experience of working directly with a range of complex diagnoses and presentations across the neurological and sensory based functional needs spectrum as an OT with children.
- Supporting or leading quality management within OT.
The main responsibilities of the post:
- To be responsible for assessment of a diverse range of children including specific work with children, families and schools to support functional goal setting, intervention and review.
- Build and maintain excellent communication with other members of the Child Development team, promoting OT within pre-school, education services as well as at home.
- Working collaboratively with other OTs in the service to improve the universal, targeted and specialist OT input to children in Barnet through intervention and training.
- Provide supervision to Band 6 OT's and OT students.
- Maintain the high standards of service provision by initiating and developing new ideas and methods of working.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham Essex
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £3,659 to a maximum of £4,664).
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sheena Lorusso- Children and Young People's Occupational Therapist and
Clinical Lead Barnet Children's Integrated Therapies
Mobile : 07718120882
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0300 300 1530 option 1