- Acute and Rehab Inpatient
- Band 6
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Goodmayes Hospital
- £28,050 - £36,644 pa pus HCAS
- 25/02/2019 23:59
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
A vacancy for Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager has arisen on Ogura Ward following the previous post holder moving to a different post within the Trust.
Ogura Ward is a 20 bedded assessment and treatment In-patient mental health unit of adults of working age from 18 to 65 years living in the London Boroughs of Redbridge and Waltham Forest areas.
As Deputy Ward Manager, you will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, organisational abilities and the ability to provide leadership and support to a team of staff. You will also be expected to provide support and to act on behalf of the Ward Manager in their absence.
It is essential that you have the ability to work alongside and engage those clients who are acutely unwell and who are presenting with a variety of challenging behaviour.
To share your knowledge and experience with staff to provide strategies for management of this patient group and the risks that are presented.
You will be expected to undertake supervision with staff members and annual appraisals as well as mentorship to student nurses.
The main responsibilities of the post:
As Deputy Ward Manager you will be expected to:
- Work effectively well with the Ward Manager, deputise for the Ward Manager, and carry out day to day management duties in the ward manager’s absence.
- Work effectively well with senior management, the Team and MDT
- Take steps to maintain the safety and welfare of staff, service users, visitors to the ward and the ward environment
- Undertake appraisal, supervision and line management of junior staff
- Participate in in completing all Audits on the Ward and lead in an Audit as delegated.
- Assist with completing the rota ensuring ward is compliant
- Attend relevant meetings and trainings specific to identified Audits and share knowledge with the Team.
- Ensure that there is a full assessment of clients’ needs and appropriate care plans and risk Assessments are in place.
- Ensure that Patients have person centred Care plans that reflects the risks identified.
- Monitor and ensure that named nurses formulate their patients care plans in line with CQC standards incorporating all the 5 CQC elements.
- Build effective and therapeutic relationships with patients
- Ensure that relatives and carers of service users, where appropriate, have a good understanding of the condition of the service user and feel able to communicate effectively with the clinical area to answer any queries or concerns
- Work alongside service users and carers/relatives to continually work towards improving and maintaining high standards
- To understand and apply all relevant Trust and local policies and procedures
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Priority Post – Assessment/Interview info
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and medication test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Ceme Centre, Rainham Essex
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £3,659 to a maximum of £4,664).
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For informal enquiries please contact:
Name: 'Bola Adeusi
Job Title: Ward Manager
Telephone number:0300 555 1200 ext. 54014
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0300 300 1530 option 2