- Oncology Dietitian
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Harold Wood Clinic, Gubbins Lane
- £33,222 - £43,041 pa (plus HCAS)
- 20/11/2018 23:59
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
Community Oncology Dietitian
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced confident, enthusiastic and flexible Community Band 7 Dietitian to join the Dietetic & Nutrition Community Service in NELFT covering the boroughs Havering & Barking & Dagenham.
The postholder will undertake a specialist oncology community dietetic role and have a minimum of 2 years NHS experience.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- To take the lead responsibility for the Trust’s Nutrition & Dietetic service within the specialist area of Oncology and Palliative Care.
- To develop the specialist area of Oncology and Palliative Care by initiating and undertaking audit & research, setting clinical policies, standards at local and national level
- To act as an expert advisor on the speciality to patients, carers, voluntary groups, social services and healthcare professionals within and external to that organisation.
- To have responsibility for developing and evaluating an appropriate student training programme for dietetic and non-dietetic students on attachments to Oncology and Palliative Care.
- To work across all NELFT dietetic teams if required (Havering, Barking & Dagenham & Redbridge)
- To have responsibility for training, supervising & mentoring junior members of staff.
- Relevant degree or post graduate dietetic diploma
- Up to date registration with HCPC
- Minimum 2 years NHS experience post qualification
- Experience of teaching groups (patients, health professionals)
- Experience of conducting audits and/ or research
- Excellent Communication skills
- Able to travel efficiently across NELFT sites
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please Contact for further queries:
Nutrition & Dietetic Team lead
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0300 300 1530 option 2