- Band 7
- 37.5 hours per week
- Petersfield Centre
- £37,570 - £43,772 pa (plus HCAS)
- 30/08/2019 23:59
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
We are looking for enthusiastic CBT therapists and psychologists to provide therapy for clients referred to Havering Talking Therapies within the framework of an IAPT service model.
Good knowledge of disorder specific CBT interventions for common mental health disorders presenting in primary care is essential for the role. We are also eager to attract psychologists and CBT therapists trained in other IAPT modalities such as Behavioural Couples Therapy (BCT), Couples Therapy for Depression (CTfD), Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) and Interpersonal Therapy (IPT). In addition to individual therapy, there are opportunities within this role to develop and deliver evidence based group activities and treatment for clients with common mental health presentations.
We are a dynamic and empowering team and as such the post holders will be expected to work well within a team setting however should also be able deliver an autonomous service as part of the role, operating within recognised professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team’s services policies and procedures. Wherever possible, we support agile working in line with the trust policies.
Training and Qualifications:
• BABCP registration for CBT Therapists, it is a requirement of the post that you have at least provisional accreditation and that you are able to demonstrate that you are maintaining the appropriate records for this registration to be maintained within your probationary period. If you are coming to the end of your training you need to demonstrate that you are on a BABCP accredited course, you will also need to work towards accreditation during your probationary period
• HCPC registration for psychologists. Please note, you will also be expected to provide evidence that you are working towards provisional registration with the BABCP within your probationary period
• Experience of working with common mental health disorders.
• Experience of carrying out therapeutic interventions with a variety of clients and using a range of specialist therapeutic interventions as appropriate, with particular emphasis on advanced CBT approaches
• Experience of providing supervision/consultation to other staff or services.
Knowledge and Skills
• Able to carry out competent psychological assessments ranging from mild to complex with clients and their relatives. Good diagnostic skills and knowledge of anxiety disorders
• Able to choose most appropriate psychological therapeutic protocols and offer a range of evidence based options to treat clients
• Knowledge of up to date psychological interventions applied to people with mild-severe psychological distress, working knowledge of evidence based formulation driven treatment
Interviews will be held Monday 9th September 2019
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham Essex
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £3,722 to a maximum of £4,743).
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Kamila Ilavska - Acting Clincal lead