- Band 6
- Part Time 18.75 hours per week
- Hainault Health Centre
- £28,050 -£36,644 pa plus HCAS (pro rata)
- 27/01/2019 23:59
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
NELFT Redbridge is offering an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Nutrition and Dietetics team working collaberitively with Medicines Management. The role is part time at 18.75 hours per week.
We are seeking an enthusiastic dietitian who is flexible in their approach and is able to adapt quickly to new situations. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively are essential.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to service development though audit and patient involvement.
The postholder will undertake a Prescribing support Dietetic role within the community Redbridge NELFT.
The Successful candidate will contribute:
- Problem solving approach - to be able to identify, analyse and evaluate a range of complex dietetic & non-dietetic, patient & non-patient related problems
- To build strong networks across Medicines Management, GP’s, nursing and residential homes, and Community Health Care Teams and independent contractors that will lead appropriate prescribing and therefore a decrease in cost in this area.
- Actively lead on evidenced based practice, undertake audits and be experiences in presenting
- To supporting and supervising Junior & Student Dietitians
The candidate must have the following;
- HCPC registration
- Dietetic degree qualification.
- Recent clinical experience of at least 18 months and with UK NHS experience (minimum 1 year).
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to provide supervision, support & guidance to junior members of staff & students
- Be an autonomous clinician
- Ability to travel efficiently and effectively across all sites within NELFT
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £3,553 to a maximum of £4,528).
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information or informal visits please contact:
Navjit Kaur Sidhu- Nutrition and Dietetic Lead NEFLT Redbridge
0300 300 1889
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0300 300 1530 option 2